Laptops

Mr. Faggotry

The world’s expert on faggotry
I have a 2013 MacBook Air that is still running great. You can get them pretty cheap these days. It’s definitely not something I would try to use for gaming but for basic computer needs it works fine.

DanMullenButNormal

I want to end a family
Yeah, what’s the reason for it? I guess there’s a small minority of users who actually use it but they would go mental if it was ever removed. It doesn’t bother me. It’s provided by work but it’s a great laptop for work stuff.
It was legacy tech from when the Thinkpad was made by IBM and all it had was the red dot and no touch pad. When Chinese Communist Party owned corporation Lenovo brought the Thinkpad brand name in the 00s they keep it while adding the touch pad. Very tacky but I guess if you remove it it looks just like any other shitty laptop out there right now

Yeah, what’s the reason for it? I guess there’s a small minority of users who actually use it but they would go mental if it was ever removed. It doesn’t bother me. It’s provided by work but it’s a great laptop for work stuff.
originally? probably just another option and people who've used it historically are just more used to it and favor it over the trackpad. i don't know if people like me are a minority, but even if we are, lenovo would probably never drop it at this point since it is iconic with thinkpads.

like i said though, the trackpad is fucking awful on a lot of old thinkpads that they're barely usable. on those older models you're going to use the trackpoint because you have no other choice, and when you get used to it there is no turning back. and especially on the smaller form laptops, it feels more natural to have your ring finger on the nub and the index finger resting over the left click

NoBacon

The gunslinger.
originally? probably just another option and people who've used it historically are just more used to it and favor it over the trackpad. i don't know if people like me are a minority, but even if we are, lenovo would probably never drop it at this point since it is iconic with thinkpads.

like i said though, the trackpad is fucking awful on a lot of old thinkpads that they're barely usable. on those older models you're going to use the trackpoint because you have no other choice, and when you get used to it there is no turning back. and especially on the smaller form laptops, it feels more natural to have your ring finger on the nub and the index finger resting over the left click

I just use a wireless mouse lol. Well most of the time I use the thinkpad plug and play to a monitor with K&M at my desk.

Fuck

There are enough weird little problems with Macbooks that I'll never buy another one. Everything from how the CTRL button is in the wrong place to how you can't get an unzipping utility that doesn't just open a 7z file into its own little window so you can drag everything out like on every other platform. They do last a long time, but that's not worth much when all the software is tied into the internet now, and updates dry up after like 5 years, so if you have to reinstall anything, you're boned, because the newest version always needs the newest MacOS version, and if they decide to cut support for yours, you're fucked.

And apparently I had one while they were at their peak, because I've heard a bunch of nightmares about things like the keyboard switches breaking down and screens cracking from like next to no impact. And then countless other little modern shit like how there's no USB-A anymore, and then you go online and say "where the fuck is the USB-A?" and then you get a bunch of insufferable FAGGOTS who insist USB-C is the future and you should only use that, despite USB-C being like ten years old now and still pretty much just regulated to phone chargers and adapters.

Lenovos are fucking tanks. Really good laptops that aren't dragged down by gay zoomer features like colorful RGB keyboards and flimsy build quality.
My last laptop was a gigabyte and I won't be doing that again. The screen clearly has a bad connection and flickers and cuts out sometimes if its open at the wrong angle. Its the first laptop I've ever wanted to send back but they want me to ship it to fucking taiwan for a replacement. I don't know if i just got a bad one, but the build quality is terrible. Fuck gigabyte.

I think that's what I have. It's basically their top-of-the-line laptop and it's so buggy it's ridiculous:

1) it looks like a Mac, but Macs are cut out of solid aluminum with a water jet. My laptop is made out of pressed aluminum, which is so flimsy, you can bend it with a fingernail. Macs are for queers, but the reason they're so light AND strong is because the entire laptop is basically milled out of a single piece of aluminum, making it rigid and strong. My Gigabyte laptop looks similar, but it's skin-deep, it's just a flimsy facade of aluminum.

2) the dumb cunts thought it would be "cool" to eliminate nearly every damn port on the fucking laptop. Even a Macbook has an HDMI port; MY LAPTOP DOESN'T HAVE ONE. In order to connect to a monitor, I have to use a USB-C to HDMI cable, which has shitty ass bandwidth. Just a dumb fucking choice; a $2500 laptop that can't even play movies back at 4K/60fps. You can literally buy Firesticks for $60 than can do that, BECAUSE THEY HAVE A FUCKING HDMI PORT.

3) The $2500 laptop has a $60 power supply. Because of this, the power supply just shuts the fuck down, any time that you're doing anything remotely difficult. Literally every day of every fucking week I have to power up and reboot my expensive ass laptop because it shut itself down, because they used a power supply that's not even remotely powerful enough. I tried to buy a replacement power supply, and they're unobtanium, because nobody makes 19V power supplies that can push enough watts to power this system. It's like building a car with an 800HP motor and then crippling it with a transmission that can only handle 200HP. Just shitty fucking engineering.

4) I had to disable the touchpad because it kept randomly inserting shit into whatever I was writing.

5) It has an RTX 3070TI and a sixteen core CPU, but it gets it's ass kicked by my seven year old desktop PC because the laptop is constantly power throttled, thermally throttled, and the power supply sucks my dick.

So, yeah, FUCK GIGABYTE and fuck laptops in general.

Last edited:
There are enough weird little problems with Macbooks that I'll never buy another one. Everything from how the CTRL button is in the wrong place to how you can't get an unzipping utility that doesn't just open a 7z file into its own little window so you can drag everything out like on every other platform. They do last a long time, but that's not worth much when all the software is tied into the internet now, and updates dry up after like 5 years, so if you have to reinstall anything, you're boned, because the newest version always needs the newest MacOS version, and if they decide to cut support for yours, you're fucked.

And apparently I had one while they were at their peak, because I've heard a bunch of nightmares about things like the keyboard switches breaking down and screens cracking from like next to no impact. And then countless other little modern shit like how there's no USB-A anymore, and then you go online and say "where the fuck is the USB-A?" and then you get a bunch of insufferable FAGGOTS who insist USB-C is the future and you should only use that, despite USB-C being like ten years old now and still pretty much just regulated to phone chargers and adapters.

My $2500 laptop has literally zero USB-A ports and zero HDMI ports

I want to find the Chinks who thought this was a good idea and throw them into a wood chipper

I'm an I.T. dork, so I have a pile of laptops. Here's how I spent yesterday:

1) I tried to do some measurements of my home theater. My microphone is USB-C and my laptop has USB-C ports. NO FUCKING DICE. Just wouldn't fucking work.

2) So I 'fell back' to a four year old laptop that has USB-A and USB-C. Same shit; I couldn't come up with any combination of adapters or plugs that would get my USB-C mic to work.

3) So I 'fell back' to a eight year old laptop... and the shit just worked. And I'm scratching my head, trying to figure out how on earth anyone gets a peripheral to work in the year 2024, when nearly every damn laptop has eliminated USB-A ports. Fucking ASSHOLES.

johnnynoname

I have a face like a shovel
"WELL HELLO DARE.....DIS'EM BE ERNIE HUDSON.......WHERE'M BE MY JUMPROPE........HOLY MACKEL!!!"