The crowd go mild

Nana's stent

He's living The Dream And We Hate That
images (1).jpg

Ha Ha Ha Holeee Shit!

I’ve got a tree on my plane.
You can hear how weary and tired he is. For decades, a busy month for Joe was two slipshod gigs at the Moose lodge, and now he's out there multiple times a night, creaking and wheezing through his repertoire of weather-beaten oldies. He must be totally exhausted.
That’s why trying to get him kicked off is counterproductive. He needs to serve his entire sentence. I bet he forgot it was Nana’s three day birthday extravaganza, his only calendar these days are hashmarks scratched in the tiny windowless cabin’s wall.

RIP-Allen-Lanier

DMANIAC
Skimmed through this. Sad shit. I've seen him do okay before but this shit is all pretty bad. I don't remember which song it was be he wasn't even hitting the chords, just moving his hand around trying to figure out what he's doing. "Anything You Want" he didn't even bother trying to pretend to play it right with the quick chord changes. Messy awful shit. I'm surprised anyone is chilling in there. He's literally pissed off/alienated every cover band dork in NY to be doing this. You don't even have to be the best cover band and you can tour around and make decent somewhat decent money.

TorpidSloth

This is extra hilarious from a British perspective.

The crowd are obviously all retired, respectable working and lower middle class people whose idea of a good time is to go on a cruise where they can "dress up" for dinner and enjoy an air of what they consider sophistication. The last of a dying breed.

In short, they're low level parvenus.

They don't want a string quartet playing Debussy, but they don't want some overweight American lout playing Johnny Cash either. None of them have seen O Brother Where Art Thou. They've worked their whole lives to get away from the Working Men's Clubs of their parents generation, and the George Formby-style entertainment that went with it. Joe is underdressed for them and playing the wrong kind of music. They'd probably prefer a guy in black tie playing easy listening classical piano. These are the British version of Liberace's crowd.

Love how some of the men just don't bother clapping. You can almost see them thinking "he's my age for Christ's sake. Why isn't he retired?", putting together the pieces and coming to the obvious conclusion "he's a failure."

Joe's False Teethers

Moo moo moo moo
This is extra hilarious from a British perspective.

The crowd are obviously all retired, respectable working and lower middle class people whose idea of a good time is to go on a cruise where they can "dress up" for dinner and enjoy an air of what they consider sophistication. The last of a dying breed.

In short, they're low level parvenus.

They don't want a string quartet playing Debussy, but they don't want some overweight American lout playing Johnny Cash either. None of them have seen O Brother Where Art Thou. They've worked their whole lives to get away from the Working Men's Clubs of their parents generation, and the George Formby-style entertainment that went with it. Joe is underdressed for them and playing the wrong kind of music. They'd probably prefer a guy in black tie playing easy listening classical piano. These are the British version of Liberace's crowd.

Love how some of the men just don't bother clapping. You can almost see them thinking "he's my age for Christ's sake. Why isn't he retired?", putting together the pieces and coming to the obvious conclusion "he's a failure."
Or alternatively "I can play this shit way better than he did"

Chive Turkey

Erock Army Deserter
Thats what cracks me up . He is playing all these Merica redneck hits from his VFW playlists. When its a bunch euro pensioners.
It's hilarious because shit like Journey is like generation-defining music for his breed of Tristate bums, but I doubt it even translates well to a national American audience. To a bunch of retired Europeans it's meaningless. You'd get more appreciation singing the fucking Wild Rover.