What are some of the stupidest game shows ever?

Lamont & Tonelli

Brevity is... wit.
Okay, here's a deepcut from the white-trash section of American TV: Lifetime Network, and I think it might have been on PAX as well. This was a staple of my summertime "nuthin to do but watch trash TV and wait until I get old enough to jerk off" days. Enjoy!

HAHAHAHAAHA HOLEEESHIT they remade it recently. Not going to give this a link, you can look it up if you're feeling this masochistic.
1714372668510.png

🛎️ 🛎️ 🛎️ 🛎️

Bullseye which was a darts based quiz show. It's got a retro old school "how did they get away with it?" vibe now

But indoor league is king. It was essentially highlights of pub games but fuck it I am counting it. Watch out for buffalo bill the English cowboy king of shove ha'penny a game which I have excelled in during my youth

Ashcroft

Pronouns: (Hee/Tee)
For some reason they dont fuck with Canadian tv productions...only one I can think of wasn't a game show (SCTV, and it launched John Candy, Eugene Levy, Martin Short etc's Hollywood careers... and they took the show as a whole without attempting any remake).

You couldn't stay away for 12 hours.

1000000667.jpg

Ashcroft

Pronouns: (Hee/Tee)
I remmeber they combined her dead pan British humor delivery with the "woooooohoo" teenage shrieking you hear on sitcoms like Saved By the Bell/ or Will Smith making "yo mama" jokes on the fresh prince, from live audiences...very skin crawling American retconning the aesthetic of a clearly British concept.

Oh you remember? Nobody cares.
Couldn't stay away for 12 hours.

1000000669.jpg

IGotATreeOnMyHouse85

Stand Alone Fruit
Insane how many different shows you can make out of the concept "Who is the best singer?"
I’m still shocked American Idol / The Voice both get big ratings yet they haven’t been able to produce an actual star in something like 15 years. First couple winners had success (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, etc) but they now get attention for a short time before fading away. I don’t think “The Voice” has yet to discover a big star - the judges get all the attention.

Fuck

I’m still shocked American Idol / The Voice both get big ratings yet they haven’t been able to produce an actual star in something like 15 years. First couple winners had success (Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, etc) but they now get attention for a short time before fading away. I don’t think “The Voice” has yet to discover a big star - the judges get all the attention.
William Hung was the biggest name in the world for like a month and then everyone forgot about him forever.