Compound Media is finished [that’s a Redbar Rumor]

The Talking Dead

I'm close to death! Hahahaha hooooooly shit!!
The funniest reality would be if he shuts down Compound and strictly does a free solo show with a patreon…you know, WHAT HE SHOULD HAVE DONE 10 years ago

I didn't understand the point of Ant setting up an entire network at the time and I still don't understand it 10 years later. Literally nobody who liked Ant from the show cared about him hosting tons of other who-gives-a-fuck shows. All people wanted was for him to do his own podcast that was half decent. That was it. Could've saved an insane amount on overheads and have made just as much money. Then again, none of it was probably his idea anyway. I'm assuming Keith planted the idea in his head of having a competing network so he could show Sirius what a mistake they made. "Just let me take care of everything. It'll work out great! That'll be $200K a year".

Last edited:
G

My dream is that Ant tries Patposting to "get somethin goin." And then abruptly flees in terror.
CumWump.jpg

I didn't understand the point of Ant setting up an entire network at the time and I still don't understand it 10 years later. Literally nobody who liked Ant from the show cared about him hosting tons of other who-gives-a-fuck shows. All people wanted was for him to do his own podcast that was half decent. That was it. Could've saved an insane amount on overheads and have made just as much money. Then again, none of it was probably his idea anyway. I'm assuming Keith planted the idea in his head of having a competing network so he could show Sirius what a mistake they made. "Just let me take care of everything. It'll work out great! That'll be $200K a year".

Up until about ten years ago, that was generally regarded as the way to get wealthy in radio. It barely worked out for anyone; it was basically a model that worked great in the 90s and the 00s but stopped working when YouTube came along. Off the top of my head:

1) There were a bunch of radio networks like 'Clear Channel', that basically consolidated dozens of shows from all over the U.S.

2) Tom Leykis tried the same stunt with "New Normal Network." That was "The Gary and Dino Show," "The Tom Leykis Show," and "New Normal Radio"

3) Adam Carolla just went NUTS and at one point I think he had something like twenty shows and he was hosting 40% of them. Carolla had "The Adam Carolla Show," "Ace on the House," "The Adam and Drew Show," a film review show, his wife had her own podcast, he had a legal advice show, and another ten that I forgot.

Carolla is about the only one that it worked out for; he sold the entire network to Stitcher or whatever they're called this week (I used to drive by their office all the time, they're over by Apple's new campus in San Diego, Stitcher has changed it's name a bunch of times.)

Obviously, it worked for Carolla because he never had a paywall and he never got much raunchier than what he was doing on FM Talk radio, back when Carolla replaced Stern on terrestrial radio.

Leykis was probably the first to realize the model wasn't working, and he had a lot of episodes where he was bitching and moaning about how radio was a complete clusterfuck (while leaving out the part about how he'd copied radio's failing formula for his own endeavor.)

Leykis and Carolla were smart enough to never lease anything; Carolla bought a warehouse for his show, and Leykis proudly admitted that he was doing his show out of a laundromat that he'd converted into a radio studio.