Compound Media is finished [that’s a Redbar Rumor]

I didn't understand the point of Ant setting up an entire network at the time and I still don't understand it 10 years later. Literally nobody who liked Ant from the show cared about him hosting tons of other who-gives-a-fuck shows. All people wanted was for him to do his own podcast that was half decent. That was it. Could've saved an insane amount on overheads and have made just as much money. Then again, none of it was probably his idea anyway. I'm assuming Keith planted the idea in his head of having a competing network so he could show Sirius what a mistake they made. "Just let me take care of everything. It'll work out great! That'll be $200K a year".

It's amazing how many cash cows he just lost because of mismanagement, ego and inability to stop talking about racial shit that makes everyone uncomfortable.

The first cash cow was Artie Lange who maybe would've had a different story if there was someone involved in Compound who could hold him accountable and not just nervously titter at him being an abusive drug addict. Whole heap of Stern fans out there still love Artie and were willing to pay big money for him on a podcast.

Of course the second cash cow and the most important one is Opie who has said publicly that he would've been open to working with Anthony if Anthony hadn't trashed him publicly over and over and over and over again. An O&A show even just vaguely like the old days would be doing some decent subscription numbers today I think.

Whole heap of Stern fans out there still love Artie and were willing to pay big money for him on a podcast.
Buddy of mine was a huge Stern fan and Artie addict. Not once did he realize that Artie was on with Nana (I guess he forgot to look up at the billboards in the tristate area). The second Artie left Cumpound and had his own podcast interviewing Lawrence Taylor, my buddy sent me the link and told me that was enjoying Artie's new show. That's when I knew that Nana and Kief were endlessly fucked.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
It's amazing how many cash cows he just lost because of mismanagement, ego and inability to stop talking about racial shit that makes everyone uncomfortable.

The first cash cow was Artie Lange who maybe would've had a different story if there was someone involved in Compound who could hold him accountable and not just nervously titter at him being an abusive drug addict. Whole heap of Stern fans out there still love Artie and were willing to pay big money for him on a podcast.

Of course the second cash cow and the most important one is Opie who has said publicly that he would've been open to working with Anthony if Anthony hadn't trashed him publicly over and over and over and over again. An O&A show even just vaguely like the old days would be doing some decent subscription numbers today I think.
Keith let LOS go with their full archives over like $2,000 right before they blew up.

Keith let LOS go with their full archives over like $2,000 right before they blew up.
I wonder how much of that was actually ego rather than just stupid business decisions. He never seemed like he wanted any of his shows to outshine his own. Compound Media is his vanity project. The problem with that is you need to have work ethic to be the top dog. He doesn't want to put in any of the work, but he wants all of the rewards. It seems like he's beginning to realize he's no longer a somewhat well known celebrity and has become what he's always dreaded, a washed up Z-list shock jock.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
I wonder how much of that was actually ego rather than just stupid business decisions. He never seemed like he wanted any of his shows to outshine his own. Compound Media is his vanity project. The problem with that is you need to have work ethic to be the top dog. He doesn't want to put in any of the work, but he wants all of the rewards. It seems like he's beginning to realize he's no longer a somewhat well known celebrity and has become what he's always dreaded, a washed up Z-list shock jock.
I think it was Ant doing nothing and Keith being in charge. Luis confirmed that he offered to run the network for a pittance at the time. Then he started GAS Digital.

BonnieMcFarlaneMe2

❤️bonnie bonnie bonnie❤️
Think their blow up would have happened if they didn’t get away from nana? Nana could have just dragged them down.
No but I think we often overlook the amount of comics who leapfrogged over him to success. LOS, all the Cumtown guys, Dan Soder, Ian Fidance, and the two black guys who were on all the time with a movie podcast. Derek something… not to mention Shane Gillis and Tommy Pope.

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
No but I think we often overlook the amount of comics who leapfrogged over him to success. LOS, all the Cumtown guys, Dan Soder, Ian Fidance, and the two black guys who were on all the time with a movie podcast. Derek something… not to mention Shane Gillis and Tommy Pope.
You can almost hear the panic in Shane's voice anytime Cumia is casually brought up on the podcast.

He just did a couple shows on there, right?

wbgreen

May St. Mel bless you
Buddy of mine was a huge Stern fan and Artie addict. Not once did he realize that Artie was on with Nana (I guess he forgot to look up at the billboards in the tristate area). The second Artie left Cumpound and had his own podcast interviewing Lawrence Taylor, my buddy sent me the link and told me that was enjoying Artie's new show. That's when I knew that Nana and Kief were endlessly fucked.

Artie was in the news a bunch during that time for drugs. CP Media was never mentioned in any article. Artie was on Crashing at time, but never mentioned CP Media when doing press. Fucking funny bit by Artie to take checks from Nana and do nothing in return.

Might be why Nana keeps bashing Opie instead of reconciling. If the pair reunited and it was a success, even modest, it would mean Ant was wrong to strike out on his own. He'd rather go broke than swallow his pride.

Artie was in the news a bunch during that time for drugs. CP Media was never mentioned in any article. Artie was on Crashing at time, but never mentioned CP Media when doing press. Fucking funny bit by Artie to take checks from Nana and do nothing in return.

Might be why Nana keeps bashing Opie instead of reconciling. If the pair reunited and it was a success, even modest, it would mean Ant was wrong to strike out on his own. He'd rather go broke than swallow his pride.
Every article in mainstream media made no mention of CP Media. That definitely drove Anthony to drink more than ever.

He was waiting for, "Artie Lange from the Howard Stern Show who is now the co-star of the "Artie and Anthony Show..." Nope. Never a mention of CP Media in Artie news. OUCH!

TorpidSloth

Every article in mainstream media made no mention of CP Media. That definitely drove Anthony to drink more than ever.

He was waiting for, "Artie Lange from the Howard Stern Show who is now the co-star of the "Artie and Anthony Show..." Nope. Never a mention of CP Media in Artie news. OUCH!
He slowly started to understand how truly finished he was in his business. At first he thought he was that disgraced controversial radio guy who merited talking about and might make a comeback. At one point, maybe he was, though I don't think he was ever big enough outside of a niche market. But it became increasingly clear that he wasn't even a part of the conversation.

"Anthony Cumia"..."Who?" is and always had been reaction for 99% of regular people. "You know, the guy from Opie and Anthony?" might get a "Opie and Anthony rings a bell" from like a further 5% of them, but the rest will look at you blankly.

If he'd put out a free bi-weekly podcast with no visual element (or at most a limited one) and tried to keep the nigger and political rants to a minimum (or at least tried to make them funny), it might've been a different story. But his ego, laziness, and letting codependent enabler and long grift man Keith run the operation (more laziness) stopped that happening before it even started.

Zeroman

Potential R* Screenshotter

Nana and CP Media were never mentioned in articles explaining how the Proud Boys came to be when it happened as a result of someone ON SAID NETWORK.

Trayvon Fartin

You’re a fat crack smoker

He’s on track to have it both ways

Mick_Mickerson

Which way?! Medium or well done?
Shane had “A Fair One” with Tommy Pope then Landau eventually took it over. It lasted quite a while and he never once promoted it on any other show.
That was probably a pretty funny show. I know we're not allowed to like people here, but for how famous he is Shane is still funny and Tommy seems cool

Too bad it was on Cumpound so I (and everyone else) never heard it