Compound Media is finished [that’s a Redbar Rumor]

FingerofGod

I wonder how much of that was actually ego rather than just stupid business decisions. He never seemed like he wanted any of his shows to outshine his own. Compound Media is his vanity project. The problem with that is you need to have work ethic to be the top dog. He doesn't want to put in any of the work, but he wants all of the rewards. It seems like he's beginning to realize he's no longer a somewhat well known celebrity and has become what he's always dreaded, a washed up Z-list shock jock.
I’d actually argue he’s way worse than just a washed up shock jock. His twitter has made him a complete pariah in the comedy world. Every time I’ve heard a comic mention his name on a podcast in the past year or two, especially when it’s a younger comic it’s nothing but them being completely baffled by his online behavior and his pedophilia obviously. Giving him any praise is pretty much career suicide at this point.

PogromStallone

Give Me Some Money
You can almost hear the panic in Shane's voice anytime Cumia is casually brought up on the podcast.

He just did a couple shows on there, right?
I don't listen to his pod but I heard a clip that came out like 1 or 2 years ago where he talked about how he had fallen down a Twitter wormhole of endless videos of black people going up to random white people and beating the shit out of them. I remember it cause he said if there was even one video where the roles were reversed it would make national news and that he understood how Ant got so racist. He might've even called it the Cumia algorithm or something to that effect.

Last edited: